cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pe...@silmaril.ie>
Subject Re: Missing classes building 2.1.7
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:57:58 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>>> description The requested resource (Servlet Cocoon is not available)
>>> is not available.
>>> Apache Tomcat/5.0
>

> Hmm, strange. You probably have to look into the log files of Tomcat now
> (if Cocoon has not been started there should not be Cocoon logs).

Having tracked down the tomcat logs to /var/log/tomcat5 (thank you Red
Hat), we see:

(this was the day before, when I did a build webapp)

INFO: Installing web application at context path /cocoon from URL
file:/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon
- Reading standard config
net/sourceforge/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesnsph7s.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesnsph7t.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Error initializing ServletContext
javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed.
    at
net.sourceforge.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.feedJarConfig(java.lang.String)
(Unknown Source)
[snip]
- ServletContext '/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon' initialized.
- The database 'db' root directory has been set to
/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db. Keep in mind that if a war
upgrade will take place the database will be lost.
- Database points to /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db
- Filer 'org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler' is not available
org.apache.xindice.core.filer.FilerException: Error creating SysSymbols.tbl
[snip]
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db/system/SysSymbols/SysSymbols.tbl
(No such file or directory)

And then yesterday when I did a build war:

INFO: Installing web application at context path /cocoon from URL
file:/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon
- Reading standard config
net/sourceforge/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesihu7z0.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesihu7z1.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Error initializing ServletContext
javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed.
[snip]
29 Aug 2005 23:40:04 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO -
29 Aug 2005 23:40:04 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR -
org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at
/actions/read
org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at
/actions/read
    at
org.apache.slide.store.txfile.AbstractXMLResourceDescriptor.retrieveObject()
(Unknown Source)

etc etc da capo ad nauseam.

Something's missing but I don't know if it's Red Hat's kludge of tomcat5
or Java. Or Cocoon. Or a mixture :-)

///Peter