cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Aichholzer <ga...@iicm.edu>
Subject Re: ERROR: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 06:25:37 GMT
J.D. Williams wrote:
> The illegal character was in a newsfeed I am using in an aggregated
> page. Isn't there a parameter somewhere that lets Cocoon recover or
> ignore that kind of error?

Is the newsfeed delivered in UTF-8 or some other encoding? If the
latter is the case you'll have to convert the newsfeed to UTF-8
before aggregating it with the remaining content, e.g.

   <!-- this is the pipline converting the newsfeed to utf-8 -->
   <map:match pattern="newsfeed-utf8">
     <map:generate src="URL of newsfeed"/>
   </map:match>

   <!-- this is your aggregation -->
   <map:match ...>
     <map:aggregate ...>
       <map:part src="cocoon:/newsfeed-utf8"/>
     </map:aggregate>
   </map:match>

I have no idea how the conversion could be make. An approach is
to use a generator accepting e.g. iso-latin1 and append a seria-
lizer which delivers utf-8. But I don't know if this is possible
and if it works.

HTH,
Gerald