cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Calling a block of transformations
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:13:50 GMT
Stewart, Gary wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Another newbie question I'm afraid. There are a set of transformers that I commonly call
from a lot of pipelines and that I'd like to be able to possibly change at a later date.

You're looking for map:resource. See
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#The+%3Cmap%3Aresources%3E
  and the samples.

You can combine a group of sitemap components within a resource and call them
from other pipelines by <map:call resource="[name]"/>.
Please note that this will be deprecated in Cocoon 2.2 in favour of the concept
of virtual sitemap components.

Also note that there is no inheritance of resources which means that they are
only available within the sitemap where they are declared. This is one issue
that virtual sitemap components will fix.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc