cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Victoria Vitaver <victo...@tt.com.au>
Subject DatabaseAddAction & Bools
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 05:23:33 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to utilise the DatabaseAddAction in my application and I have run into a very
annoying problem. From what I can tell it does not support the insertion of a bool value into
a database.

ie <value param="isVisible" dbcol="isVisible" type="XXXX"/>  where XXXX stands for something
which equates to a bool is not supported...
Am I overlooking something? IS there any way around it?

Also, I have followed the threads which talk about the deprecation of Modular Database Actions
... does that include the DatabaseAddAction class?
If it is being deprecated, is there another viable approach which doesnt involve the overhead
of hibernate and is 'production-safe' ?

Thanks,

Vica

PS. I am using Cocoon 2.1.7 & PostgreSQL & XSP (I'll consider switching to cforms
only when they are 'stable')