cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: ant echo problem in cocoon tutorial
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:44:27 GMT
On 21.08.2005 07:02, Ron Wheeler wrote:

> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocooninaction/14.html is the URL
> of the tutorial that I am trying to follow.
>
> The file that is part of the tutorial does not have CDATA in it and I
> assume that the author has tested it
> That is why I suspect that there must be another setting required to
> make this work properly.

No, that's not possible. It's nothing about Cocoon or Ant, it's pure
XML. And with XML the processing instruction <?xml?> can oly occur on
the very beginning. That's what the error message is saying:

>>> The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.
>>>
>>> when I execute a small test file consisting of:
>>>
>>> <project>
>>> <echo>This is a test</echo>
>>> <echo file="test.out">
>>>        <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>> </echo>
>>> </project>
>>>

>>> What has to be done to make echo ignore the contents of what is being
>>> echoed.
>>
>> Er, wrap it in CDATA tags?
>>
>> <![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0"?>]]>

This is absolutely correct. Another possibility than escaping the whole
string is to escape just the '<':    &lt;?xml version="1.0"?>
Choose yourself what's more readable.

Joerg