cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Single installation for Windows & Linux on (Multi/)Dual-boot boxes?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:19:59 GMT
AD Marshall wrote:
> For multi-boot windows/linuxes boxes, can one install ant, cocoon,
> forrest and/or other xml.apache.org project packages *once* on windows
> vfat partitions and use them via linux or windows?  I'm considering
> doing this, then moving all the shell scripts to /usr/bin (since they
> won't run from a fat partition).
>
> Would this be inadvisable?  If so, why?
>
> I could find anything relevant to these questions searching the
> archives (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&w=2).

Your main issue, if you'll have one is to do with line endings. They'll
be \n for Unix and \n\r for Windows. If there is something that expects
one but gets the other, it might break. The Cocoon tgz and zip
distributions will have different line endings in their files.

Apart from that, I personally can't see that you would have any problems.

Regards, Upayavira