cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: PDF Encryption and Cocoon
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:43:42 GMT
Tommy Skarateppen wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using cocoon for transformation of xml to both html and pdf. I
> understand that cocoon is using the FOP processor and I want to protect my
> PDF files by disallow printing/editing/copying. FOP supports encryption of
> PDF output, and in the FOP documentation, it says I can send parameters to
> the FOP processor (-noprint, -nocopy etc).
> Does anyone know how I can solve this in Cocoon?

Dunno if this helps, but look in your root sitemap.xmap file. In there,
you'll find the definitoon of the FOP serializer. Something like:

     <map:serializer name="fo2pdf" logger="sitemap.serializer.fo2pdf"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
mime-type="application/pdf">
       <!-- This element specifies URL to FOP user configuration file.
            It can be absolute file URL or relative to the servlet context.
            Examples:

       <user-config>file:/C:/cocoon/fop-config.xml</user-config>
       <user-config>WEB-INF/fop-config.xml</user-config>
       -->

       <!-- Should serializer set content length header or not?
            Default is true.
       <set-content-length>true</set-content-length>
       -->
     </map:serializer>

Note, in there, you can specify a FOP configuration file. Would this be
the place that you configure those options?

If you want to be able to produce some stuff that is -noprint and some
stuff that isn't, just define two serializers, with different configs.

Regards, Upayavira