cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: OT: Suse
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:57:10 GMT
Christoph Hermann wrote:

>I didn't want to, thats why i didn't write it ;-)
>Suse is, lets say "stubborn" in some cases, and very coloured and
>"user-friendly" (imho).

<tongue-in-cheek>
  Oh man, what a slam!  Something's user friendly--it must be bad!
</tongue-in-cheek>

Honestly, when something works well and you don't have to think too hard
about stuff you shouldn't be thinking hard about--then its not bad.

>>>From a linux system i expect to know what it does all the time, with Suse i do

>not have that feeling. Hope this explains my opinion a little better.

And this is the real underlying problem: user expectation doesn't meet
user experience.  If you are new to Linux, Suse is not bad.  If you are
an experienced Linux user, then Suse does some things a little
differently than most of your standard distributions.  Last time I
played with Suse (I admit it was a few years ago), it was one of the
nicest packages.  For one thing the paper manual shipped with it was top
notch.