cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Debugging Cocoon Apps
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 07:42:41 GMT
Christoph Hermann wrote:
> Ralph Goers schrieb:
>
> Hello,
>

>>I know IntelliJ won't mess with the contents of your project in
>>any way - it surprises me that Eclipse would.
>

> I set the class output folder to WEB_INF\classes and when i do a "Clean
> all" in eclipse (3.0.1) it deletes all jars and .class files under
> WEB-INF\classes (also the ones not build by eclipse). (Very bad imho.)

Yes, and it can be a pain. However, why are you putting jars into
WEB-INF/classes? If you jar up anything else and put it into
WEB-INF/lib, and leave WEB-INF/classes just for the classes that Eclipse
compiles, you'll be fine. Can you work with that?

By the way, why are you using Eclipse 3.0.1? 3.1 is out, and is much
more feature rich, and faster too.

Regards, Upayavira