cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Lutz <mat...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: CForms: need some design help
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:11:16 GMT
I had quite similar problems as you have, here's what I did:

-each request is handled by a javaflow function
-the request has some magic chars separating object from view type, so i
have something like person.form.edit.do
-so when i am in the right flow function, i prepare all data, do some
CForm stuff with javaflow (I am sure you'll need help here, too :-) ),
and the call form.show, which acts like a SendPageAndWait, as you said.
-the trick is, i call form.show("person.form.edit.html"); which is
handled by another pipeline, which does the aggregation of menu, header,
footer, and -> content, by some other internal pipelines...

I had to change some flow and generators, but now I've quite a clean
pipeline setup... separating controller matchers from renderer matchers...

I hope you know what I mean, I am starting to document that all soon,
but for now there's no diagram of my pipeline flows yet, sorry...

:-),
tom