cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Aurelien DEHAY ...@zorel.org>
Subject Binding framework & changing value before update.
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 18:39:12 GMT
Hello.

I'm a really great beginner with the binding framework. My question is
very simple: I've got a password field I'd like to md5() before putting
it in my exist database.

I supposed the right place to do it is in the binding framewok. But how?
I've got the following thning in my binding.xml:

<fb:value id="password" path="user/password">
         <fb:on-update>
             <fb:javascript id="md5password" path=".">
                 <fb:load-form>
                     widget.setValue("load");
                 </fb:load-form>
                 <fb:save-form>
                     widget.setValue("save");
                 </fb:save-form>
             </fb:javascript>
         </fb:on-update>
     </fb:value>

But none of the -form seems to be executed. None of the samples are, for
me, really helpful.

Thank you for any answer or explanation.

Regards.

--
Aurélien