cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: XSLT transformation
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 07:57:03 GMT
Antony Grinyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A have a simple sitemap entry as below:
>
> <map:match pattern="listcontainers">
>   <map:generate type="file" src="content/showsyscontainer.xml"/>
>   <map:transform type="bdbxml"/>
>   <map:transform type="xslt" src="style/xsl/containerslist.xsl"/>
>   <map:serialize type="html"/>
> </map:match>
>
> The generator is a simple XML file which is passed to a java class
> transformer ( referenced as type="bdbxml") which returns XML results.
> This all works fine if I use <map:serialize type="xml"/>  to simply
> output the XML, however if I try to transform the XML output with the
> XSLT transformer above I get an error:
>

>>>Error executing pipeline.
>

>>>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
>>>java.lang.RuntimeException
>

> I know the XSLT containerslist.xsl is correct as I've tried it against
> some sample output XML in XMLSpy, but it appears that when I add this
> XSLT transformer I get a Processing Exception?
>
> In the sitemap.log it is reported as:
>
> Unable to get parser: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException

Do you get any stack trace with this NPE?

Your transformer is passing something down the pipeline as null. This
isn't tripping up the XML serializer, but is tripping up the xslt
transformer. Go through each of the startElement, etc, calls within your
transformer looking at the output. See if you can see any nulls in there.

Regards, Upayavira