cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: sitemap error
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:48:19 GMT
On 03.08.2005 19:37, Pokuru, Rao wrote:
> After i changed sitemap.xmap, i rebooted the tomcat and tried to access URL.
>
> At this point it should generated new sitemap_xmap.java and corresponding class files
in the WORK folder, but it doesn't.

> Sometimes, i am getting "NO MORE DTM IDs available error" when i tried to access the
URL.

> Sometimes it takes more than 15 hours to do compile sitemap or even few days. Is it common?
Is there any way to monitor the progress of sitemap compilation--how long does it take to
compile??

It should definitely not take that long! For us it took 5 minutes to
transform a bigger sitemap to Java and compile it.

> My sitemap has about 100 pipelines and runs on tomcat5.0.14 and uses cocoon 2.0 engine.

How huge is it?? Is there any chance to port your application to 2.1 or
most recent 2.0? There you will have the interpreted sitemap which
should solve your problem. But it will still consume many resources.
Think about splitting your sitemap into subsitemaps and mount them from
a much littler root sitemap. This is true for both the compiled and the
interpreted sitemap.

Joerg