cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: RequestURI in aggregation page
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:46:12 GMT
jdwilliams@austin.rr.com wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> Unfortunately, while what you suggest does work, it does not answer the
> question I asked, which is:
>
> How to pass the resource path of the request into an XML file, similarly
> to passing a session variable.
ok. I thought you just wanted this use case to work.

In order to pass a parameter to your "file" you can either:

1) use a generator (like jx or xsp or a custom one) and pass that
parameter from the sitemap:
<map:generate src="myfile">
   <map:parameter name="uri" value="{1}"/>
<map:generate>

in jx you can read the parameter the using
${cocoon.parameters.getParameter( "uri" )}
(you may want to check the syntax - it may differ in 2.1 and in cocoon
trunk due to some refactorings)

2) apply a stylesheet to your base file and parametrize it the same way
I did at 1)