cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nick Goupinets <ngoupin...@openskysolutions.ca>
Subject Re: [Portal-tools] i18n problem with tool plugins
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:01:32 GMT
Hi Jens,

Thank you very much for your reply. I look forward to trying out some of
the new i18n features for the portal tools. It's great to know that
there's something cooking :).

In the mean time, I just wondering if there is support for i18n of
portal tab title and coplet titles planned? Currently, I have this i18n
hacked with skin files, where for each of the titles, a key is created
by skin style sheets. i.e.

<coplet-data id="CurrentUsers" name="standard">
   <title>copletTitle_currentUsers</title>
</coplet-data>

is translated into an i18n key in window.xsl style sheet:

  <xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="@title">
    <b><i18n:text><xsl:value-of select="@title"/></i18n:text></b>
   </xsl:when>
   <xsl:otherwise>
    <b><i18n:text><xsl:value-of select="title"/></i18n:text></b>
   </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>

Which then is translated by i18n transformer in "portal" pipe. AFAIK,
this solution was suggested somewhere. I am sorry, I can find the link.

I don't think that current state of portal tools prove a good support
for this particular case. Is it going to be added in the future or is
there another way of internationalizing portal tab titles and coplet titles?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,
Nick Goupinets.