cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nick Goupinets <ngoupin...@openskysolutions.ca>
Subject [Portal-tools] i18n problem with tool plugins
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:05:12 GMT
Hi everybody,

I am trying to integrate portal tools into the customized version of the
portal (which was recently upgraded to Cocoon 2.1.7). I run into a
problem with i18n. When root sitemap of Portal Tools is accessed:

  http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/tools/functions/copletManagement

content is internationalized as expected. However when a "plugin" level
sitemap is accessed:

http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/tools/plugins/copletManagement/showTab

All keys simply disappear.

After some debugging, it looks like i18nc transformer does not produce
any content when used on "plugin" level sitemaps. To verify that I
didn't break anything when integrating tools, I copied
the entire portal from a fresh build of cocoon 2.1.7 distro. I observed
the same problem there as well.

Here is my development environment:

Tomcat 5.0.28 with Xalan 2.6.1 and Xerces 2.6.2
Java 1.4.02_8

 From the debugging that I've done, it looks like things break at
I18nCatalogueGenerator. It receives source value in the setup method
that contains ":" at the end. Like that:

"portalTools_en.xml:"

As the result, when generate() is called, it triggers IOException, as
there is no file with file name:

"file:/C:/eclipse/workspace/portal/tools/cocoon/webapp/portal/tools/plugins/copletManagement/i18n/copletManagement_en.xml:"

After I added a check for ":" at the end of the source, the problem with
  i18n disappeared and all keys show up just fine.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Some/any feed back is
greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,
Nick Goupinets.