cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stundzig, Steffen" <Steffen.Stund...@gdmcom.de>
Subject JNDI Problem
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:04:07 GMT
Hi folks,

I've a problem with a jndi lookup in my Action class. I've read the
guides and searched the mail archives, but I don't get it to work.

The config:
- web.xml
  <env-entry>
    <env-entry-name>myvar</env-entry-name>
    <env-entry-value>something</env-entry-value>
    <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
  </env-entry>

- in my action impl
  new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/myvar");

but the lookup throws a NameNotFoundException: env not bound. The
Debugger affirmed it. If I do exactly the same with another servlet,
with the lookup code directly in the 'doGet'-method it works as
expected.

What can I do? Did I missed something?

I've tested it with cocoon 2.0.4 on JBoss 4.0.2/tomcat 5.0.28.

MfG
    Steffen...