cocoon-users mailing list archives

From BoBo C <bo_b...@yahoo.com>
Subject can't get XSP page output to encode as UTF-8
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:19:11 GMT
Hi-
I've got an XSP page running under Cocoon 2.1 on a Linux machine that is accessing a MySQL
database. I'm placing the query return values (the <esql:get-string column="xxxxxx"/>
elements)
between hardcoded XML begin and end tags, forming an XML document.  Although I'm specifying:
-------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsp:page
	xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
	xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
	xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2" language="java">
at the top of the XSP page, the output it produces is encoded as:
"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>".
I need it to be UTF-8.  The output is intended to be an XML file for further transformation
in the
pipeline.  I can't figure out where in sitemap.xmap or in the XSP page itself to ensure that
the
output encoding is UTF-8...

Thanks

BBC