cocoon-users mailing list archives

From jdwilli...@austin.rr.com
Subject Re: RequestURI in aggregation page
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:59:01 GMT
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately, while what you suggest does work, it does not answer the
question I asked, which is:

How to pass the resource path of the request into an XML file, similarly
to passing a session variable.

Thanks.

Joe

Leszek Gawron wrote:

J.D. Williams wrote:

> I should know how to do this, but if someone could point me in the
right direction, I would appreciate it very much.

> I want to aggregate several pipelines using cinclude. I would like to
change one of those pipelines based on user request. For example:

> <map:match pattern="*">
>   <map:generate src="aggregate.xml"/>
>   <map:transform src="style.xsl"/>
>   <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>
> For this matcher, aggregate.xml consists of:
>
> <page xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
>   <cinclude:include src="cocoon:/foo"/>
>   <cinclude:include src="cocoon:/news1"/>
>   <cinclude:include src="cocoon:/news2"/>
> </page>
>
> So, how can I pass the RequestURI to aggregate.xml so that "foo" is
replaced by the requested URI? Or is there some other way of doing it?

something like:

<map:match pattern="*">
  <map:aggregate element="page">
    <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}"/>
    <map:part src="cocoon:/news1"/>
    <map:part src="cocoon:/news2"/>
  </map:aggregate>
  <map:transform src="style.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

I do not remember if you should use {1} or {../1}. Just try it.