cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Mysql connection error
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:42:36 GMT
Upayavira

This makes sense, except for the "mysql client" part.

My MachineB is the equivalent of your Windows (except
it runs Linux, but I assume that makes no difference);
and my MachineA  is the equivalent of your chandra (and
also running mysql).

The only difference is that there is not a "mysql client"
running on MachineB - I am not the admin for this machine
and am not sure I can get a "mysql client" installed on it.
Is there any simple way to test the connection as you have
done?

AFAIK I have created the permissions for the user on the
remote machine to  access your database - as per Step 5
in my post below.  (This is always the way I have done
it before but I have a nagging feeling there is now some
subtle difference somewhere in the new setup..)

Thanks
Derek

>>> uv@odoko.co.uk 2005/07/13 03:16:05 PM >>>
I have Mysql running on Linux, on host Chandra.

I have the mysql client running on windows, host creatively named win2k.

If I log onto win2k and run:

mysql -uroot -ppasswd -h chandra

I get: Access denied for user: 'root@192.168.1.100' (Using password: YES)

So, I logged onto chandra and did:

grant all privileges on *.* to root@192.168.1.100 idenitifed by 'passwd';

Then I repeated the command from win2k, and it let me in to chandra.

Hope that makes sense.

So, have you set permissions for the user on the remote machine to
access your database?

Regards, Upayavira