cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dean Maslic <dean.mas...@gmail.com>
Subject reader implementation ideas ?
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:54:09 GMT
Hi,

Ive implemented an image-processor as a Reader component. The idea is
to get an image from the given src, do a transformation based on say
browser type and some input parameters and return transformed image to
client. The component is caching the transformed image using the
URI+browserType as the key.
What I would ideally like to do is cache the original image too, so
when different browsers request the same image I don't have to
retrieve the image from remote server but retrieve it from my local
cache, transform it, cache it as I do now and return to the client.

Is that possible ? Appreciate any ideas and suggestions

--Dean