cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: toXML() within XML file
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:09:22 GMT

On Jul 25, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Dustin N. Jenkins wrote:

> The XML String is being output OK, the problem is that Cocoon won't
> try to transform it, although it will transform the XML around it.  If
> I look at the raw XML, the XML spit out from the call to toXML() is
> being treated as any other String display output, and not XML, (i.e.
> the client browser sees XML and not transformed HTML).

Yes, of course.

I guess JXTemplate doesn't know how to interpolate XML, because it
would have to use its expression evaluators for this, and neither of
its expression languages (JXPath nor JExL) can express that.

But you should be able to just create a pipeline to stream the object
as XML using the XModule source, then use Cinclude or Xinclude to pull
that in to your template.  You'll be "pulling" your object through
another request, which means that the URI matched by this pipeline will
have to encode any parameters needed to retrieve/create the object.
Makes sense?

So actually you have two new pipelines: one that invokes a flowscript
function to get the object, then calls sendPage() on the second
pipeline, which contains

	<generate src="xmodule:flow-attribute:time"/>

GL,
—ml—