cocoon-users mailing list archives

From holger.willenb...@armacell.com
Subject Antwort: Removing 'cocoon' from url: effect on Tomcat Admin and Manager apps
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:18:34 GMT
I use webapps/ROOT as base directory and this works fine. If uploaded as
.war file, use ROOT.war instead of cocoon.war.

HTH
Holger Willenborg

David <gaudimila@yahoo.com>
Gesendet von:
users-return-80843-holger.willenborg=armacell.com@cocoon.apache.org
07.07.2005 06:20
Bitte antworten an
users@cocoon.apache.org

An
"users@cocoon.apache.org" <users@cocoon.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Removing 'cocoon' from url: effect on Tomcat Admin and Manager apps

This is a familiar question, I recall, but I'm trying to remove the
'cocoon/' from my application.  I did it by adding this to Tomcat's
server.xml:

Context path=""" docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon" ...

I enabled the 'mount everything else by calling the sitemap.xmap file
located in the requested folder' pattern in the main sitemap.  So my
application is in a folder called 'foo', and thus url's to my app look
like:

http://mydomain.com/foo/somepattern

Problem is this configuration prevents me from accessing Tomcat's built-in
Administration and Manager applications since they are at /admin and
/manager (I recall) and thus cocoon tries to look for sitemaps in these
non-existent folders.

What's the best way to deal with this?  Can I move Tomcat's applications
a different port?  Can I remove the 'cocoon' in a different manner?

Thanks,
David