cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Cocoon User" <cocoon_m...@hotmail.com>
Subject Authentication Framework: Separate pipelines required for public versus private?
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:06:08 GMT
Our site is very data driven. Because we didn't think it mattered, and it
was simple, we designed it so the same pipeline is used for all pages (with
a few exceptions). So the sitemap currenlty  doesn't know and doesn't care
whats public and private. The database contriols what pages are public and
private.

We are just now looking into authentication and I am worried that the
separation of public and private pages need to occur in the sitemap in order
for this to work and therefore, having the same pipeline for both is proving
to be problematic. As it stands now, if I was to put an authentication
handler around my pipeline that handles all pages, then all pages that match
to that pipeline will be treated as private.

I do not know if its possible to use the Cocoon authentication framework and
still have the same pipeline deal with public and private pages. Does anyone
know?