cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Javadoc buld error in Eclipse
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:00:24 GMT
On 27.07.2005 22:49, Ron Wheeler wrote:

> The build failed while trying to generate the javadocs. It looks like
> the command line is truncated but I am not sure if this is the problem
> or just a coincidence.
>
> Is there an obvious error in my setup?

I don't think so. We have the same problem with one of our projects
(i.e. not Cocoon) that also has many dependencies and so a big
classpath. It's a problem of windows commandline or ant's interface to
javadoc.

> Can I suppress the generation of the javadocs?

Yes, copy build.properties to local.build.properties and modify in
local.build.properties the two properties concerning javadoc generation
at the beginning of the file.

> Does anything happen after this that I actually need to try out Cocoon?

I don't know the order of the build process. It could also be that there
are different orders on different machines. Ant resolves the target
dependencies. Just switch off Javadoc generation, the rest should work.

Joerg