cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Multiple Cocoon instances in tomcat.
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:19:38 GMT
Aurélien DEHAY wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Aurélien DEHAY wrote:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I am running 2 cocoon webapps in Tomcat. The libs are all in
>>> $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib, so the WEB-INF/lib of each webapp is empty.
>>>
>>> There is a problem, I found in the log file of a webapp the activity
>>> (like cron block) of the other webapp.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else has ever experienced the same problem?
>>> Thank you for any response.
>>

>> Well, if any of the Cocoon classes use statics, you'll get problems -
>> i.e. where you expect there to be one value per webapp, there is in
>> fact just one value. Really, I would advise against putting libraries
>> into common/lib, unless you know exactly what those libraries do.
>>
> Ok. In fact, I just wonder how to reduce the memory footprint of each
> Webapp, that's why I put all the packages in common/lib. I've seen Ugo's
> mail (28/10/2004), I was thinking it was the good solution.

Have you built your Cocoons with only the blocks that you actively use?

Also, look in /lib/optional. There are quite a few jars in there that
are there because they are needed by multiple blocks, but that doesn't
mean that your blocks need them. You could remove them all from your
WEB-INF/lib, and re-add them until your app works again!

Regards, Upayavira