cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: Is ESQL/xsp supposed to stream?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:12:00 GMT
Hi Joel,

Several cases are possible. Are you sure the xsp generator is caching, or does esql simply
take a
lot of time to gather the table and starts looping over the records only once it has received
them
all? Secondly, stx transformer could cache as well. Finally, there are options with which

serializers can be told to 'cache' results as well, to be able set a correct value for the

content-length field.

I think you should start with adding logging instructions to your xsp page, to help clarify
whether
the time delay occurs in the xsp (and where) or after the xsp step...

HTH,
Geert

Joel McConaughy wrote:

> I'm trying to use the serverpages generator with ESQL and the stx transfomer
> to process large database tables.  The serverpages generator is not streaming
> but rather caches the entire contents of the query before passing data to the
> stx transformer.  Is this expected behavior?  Is there a way to configure this
> to stream the results?
>
> Thanks, Joel
>
> cocoon 2.1.7, jdk1.4.2_08, mysql4.1.11, mysql_connectorj3.1.10

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Bleiswijk (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)10-850 12 00
fax:+31-(0)10-850 11 99

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50