cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Lutz <mat...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Application and Session objects in cocoon
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:27:53 GMT
I am using quite the same environment as you do...javaflow, jxtemplates,
some custom generators.

Looking around I found no application object, too, but :-) maybe the
this concept might help:

Create a "standalone" cocoon independent class, that is responsible for
building your items cache. If you implement this class as a singleton it
would just act like a application object. I don't think that you need
much synchronizing, so it should be no performance issue.. it would
behave like the logger.

This class could either recieve events from your database, or a
"administration trigger reload webpage", or poll the database every 50
hits for new items...

I don't know how fit you are in java, but that it is not really hard to
implement, and I think it should work... although I am not really a java
guru yet :-).

HTH,
tom