cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nick Goupinets <ngoupin...@openskysolutions.ca>
Subject [Portal] Cocon 2.1.7 upgrade breaks CachingURICoplets
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:01:17 GMT
Hi everybody,

I am trying to upgrade our project that is based on the portal block
from Cocoon 2.1.5 to Cocoon 2.1.7. Right now I run into a very annoying
problem which I have no idea how to solve: All of CachingURICoplets that
use CForms stop functioning after form gets shown. It just looks as if
continuation is not resumed.

Here is an example. When the following code is executed:

cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js");

var toolBrokerInst = null;

// called from the sitemap
function toolBroker(userID, toolID, showDataBench, textUrl) {
   print("STARTED ToolBroker");
   if (toolID == '' || toolID == null) {
     toolID = cocoon.session.getAttribute("toolID");
     }
   if (toolID != null){
     try {
       toolBrokerInst = cocoon.getComponent( .... );
       cocoon.session.removeAttribute("toolID");
       showFormForTool(userID, toolName, newWin, showDataBench, textUrl);
     } finally {
       cocoon.releaseComponent(toolBrokerInst);
     }
   } else {
     print("CALLING SEND PAGE");
     cocoon.sendPage("selectATool");
   }
}

function showFormForTool(userID,
     toolName,
     newWin,
     showDataBench,
     textUrl){

   print("STARTED ShowFormForTool");
   var form = new Form("cocoon:/"
    +toolName+"-definition?inputType="
    +inputType+"&textTypes="
    +textTypes+"&showDataBench="
    +showDataBench);

   var textID = cocoon.session.getAttribute("textID");
   form.lookupWidget("resultWindow").setValue(true);
   print("SHOWING FORM FROM ShowFormForTool");
   form.showForm(toolName+"-display?inputType="
     +inputType+"&addSourceText="
     +addSourceTextFlag+"&newWin="+newWin);
   print("RETRUNED TO ShowFormForTool SUCCESSFULLY");
}

It produces this output:

STARTED ToolBroker
CALLING SEND PAGE
STARTED ToolBroker
STARTED ShowFormForTool
SHOWING FORM FROM ShowFormForTool

Initially, when portal tab containing the coplet is displayed, first 2
lines are printed:

STARTED ToolBroker
CALLING SEND PAGE

After that, when the session var's are set properly, the remaining 3
lines are printed. However, at this point it doesn't matter what happens
inside of the coplet, nothing else gets printed (where there should be
"RETRUNED TO ShowFormForTool SUCCESSFULLY") on the console or changes in
the coplet.

Logs don't show any errors or give any clues what can go wrong.
Additionally, the same version of the coplet works perfectly fine on
Cocoon 2.1.5.

If there was anybody who had similar problems when upgrading, I would
appreciate it very much if you can share the solution or at least point
me in the right direction.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,
Nick Goupinets.