cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Aichholzer <ga...@iicm.edu>
Subject Re: links in svg
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:09:30 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Links are normally associated with a graphic element
> of some sort eg. to create a hyperlink that is active
> when user's cursor is over a rectangle:
>
> <a xlink:href="mylink.html">
>   <rect x="0" y="0" height="195" width="370"
>   style="fill:red"/>
> </a>

In SVG you can use links to reuse graphic elements.
If you need the same complex piece of graphics several
times you define it only once and use it with the method
shown by the original poster (note: <use> instead of <a>):

> I have an code of svg and applied an transformation
> to png. my code svg have various LINK by example in
>
> <g id="background">
>
> </g>
>
> and addition:
> <use xlink:href="#background" x="0" y="15"/>
>
> after display in the browser not have the reference
> (href).

The whole SVG is converted into a single PNG. PNG
is a bitmap only and doesn't support references
(at least AFAIK).

What would you like to achieve with your code?

Gerald