cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Edwards <tedwa...@civica.com.au>
Subject Closing Oracle database resultsets
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:48:01 GMT
Hello all,
I've got a recurring problem with Oracle and flow.
I know I'm doing this completely wrong and should be utilising a data
persistence layer but that gets a bit new fangled for some of the
managers around here so we're stuck with doing things 'the good old way'.

I'm using flow to establish the connection to a database and then I'm
taking advantage of the scriptable objects defined in the Datbase.js
inclusion.

I then run a bunch of select statements through this connection object
but when I call the close method on the returned resultset, the Oracle
cursors aren't being released with the eventual 'Maximum Number of
Cursors Exceeded' error being thrown and the application grinding to a halt.

Is there a way to have the scriptable resultsets close properly, thereby
freeing the cursors??
The brains trust here are starting to look at Cocoon as being a
liability (even though we're breaking the MVC paradigm....) so if I can
just get around this, I should be able then get things done 'properly'!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony