cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Aichholzer <ga...@iicm.edu>
Subject Re: pipeline using document() fails to release files?
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:39:19 GMT
Hi,

Lars Huttar wrote:
> Hi all,
> We suspect this is a bug but it's not clear whose.
>
> The problem that occurs is that a certain file, iHub.xml, sometimes
> cannot be moved or removed under Windows, as if a user were editing it
> (no one is). Once this condition occurs, it persists until we shut down
> Tomcat. (The consequence is that certain automated procedures, like a
> Subversion update, get stuck or fail.)
> The circumstances under which iHub.xml gets "stuck" seem to be after it
> gets referenced by a document() reference from an XSLT stylesheet run by
> Cocoon.
> Apparently, Cocoon is locking iHub.xml and not letting it go when it
> should.
> Has anyone else encountered this?

I have experienced the same problems once (i.e. it was impossible
to edit a file used by the document() function). I think it is a
Cocoon related problem because I am working with Jetty.

I didn't solve the problem because I found a more elegant solution
using map:aggregate and a XSLT stylesheet afterwards.

Gerald