cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bazeley, John" <jbaze...@bloomberg.com>
Subject Stream Generator / uploading UTF-8 encoded chinese files
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:55:14 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the stream generator to upload XML files that
are UTF-8 encoded and contain chinese characters. Source system
is Windows XP and Cocoon is v2.1.7 running on Solaris 9 / Java
1.4.2. Whether I use my own pipeline with curl uploading the file
or the /samples/stream/process-order pipeline, the results are
the same: the file is returned to me with all the chinese
characters mangled ('od' shows all the Chinese characters have
been converted to 357 277 275).

I have inserted debug into the stream generator and the XML
serialiser, and both think they are using UTF-8 encoding.

Why is my document getting corrupted? What am I doing wrong?

The source document has 'encoding="UTF-8"' in the <?xml ... string,
and IE and Firefox both display it correctly and tell me the encoding
is UTF-8, so I am inclined to believe the document is correctly
encoded.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, John