cocoon-users mailing list archives

From footh <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Application and Session objects in cocoon
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2005 03:14:27 GMT
Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.  Where did you find out about
writing a "standalone" cocoon object.  Is there some
documentation you could point me too?  Have you done
this in your application?

I will try to give that a shot as I can't seem to find
anything that resembles an application-scope variable.

Concerning your custom generators...might they be
useful to solve this problem:

As I stated before, I select a few featured items to
display to the user.  I would like to implement that
by having a tag in my XML content that I replace with
XML for the items selected.  So, I would have an XML
content file that had, say, this tag:

<featured-items/>

And I would want to replace that with, say:

<featured-items>
  <item>1</item>
  <item>2</item>
</featured-items>

Could something like that be done with a custom
generator?  Or might there be a better way?

Regards,

JF