cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Victor Pergolesi <netvict...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re: Antw: SourceWriting Transformer
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:53:04 GMT
Dear Reinhard:

Thank you for your help. I am developing a portal for our Intranet and I need to write in
the hard disk of the client a file when he/she login. Then that file is for read from our
desktop applications. So I need to write that file transparently for the client.
Any idea, how can I do that?

Thank you.

Victor.

Reinhard Haller <reinhard.haller@interactive-net.de> escribió:
>>> netvictorp@yahoo.com.ar 13.07.2005 02:21 >>>

>I need to write an xml file to the client. I proved with SWT. It
write
>perfectly if I run it from a browser in the server

If you want to write a file to the client, the suggested way to do
this
is by providing a URL and serving the file as download.

The source writing transformer lets you store information on the
server itself, an example is a cron job which downloads files
periodically
and the framework serves them locally to the users.

best regards