cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Rowse <m...@mcmastermm.ca>
Subject Re: Forms and JXTemplate
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:10:06 GMT
I've been trying to pass form POST information from flowscript to the
eXist XQuery generator.

I'm just starting to work with cforms so I may have gotten the whole
point of the flowscript completely upside down. As I understand it,
generally speaking once the cform information has passed the validation
defined in the form definition then ideally flowscript (i.e. the
controller) decides what to do with these values passing them off to the
sitemap and so on. Again I'm just figuring out Cocoon so I may be
completely off the mark.

 In my case I need to send the form values to a XQuery generator (that
comes with eXist) to generate a search query on some academic xml
documents. I'm trying to avoid use GET on the .xql request (which I can
use to pass the form values to the genny). At one point I tried using
the JXTemplate generator to write the values into the XQuery document
itself

i.e.

let $a = #{cocoon.request.etc()}

however it became quickly clear that the JX genny is only happy with
well formed XMl docs. I'm just wondering if there is similar simple way
to write values into the xQuery docs. I'm occupied with some other
things at the moment so I haven't had a chance to tinker with the
innards of cocoon nor do I have any idea how to translate the flowscript
requests into POSTs to the xQuery pipeline ( as if the pipeline had be
requested from a form directly).

Thanks for any help,
Mike