cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Podkowinski <spo...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on Axis Block
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:55:04 GMT
Hi Cocoon Users

Could someone answer me some questions on the axis block who has
probably some experience with it?

I had a closer look on it as I needed to implement some web services
to be served by my cocoon app.

The block has very little documentation so I had to study the source
directly. But even after thinking about it over and over again I could
gasp the concept of this block. "Why is it there?"

* Whats the point in using the RPC Reader from the Axis block instead
of using the Axis Servlet directly
* Does a reader that does also send a direct response to the peer fit
into the cocoon concept of cocoons component pipelines?
* How can I deploy my services using the axis block? Do I need to
configure it in cocoon.xconf?

Another problem that stroke me with the axis block was that apparently
it is not possible to bind a services to a url endpoint. The samples
did only specify "rpcrouter" as the endpoint which leaves the question
open how the "router" would recognize which service I intend to
consume. I found out that the router will get this information from
the http header. So I checked the specs and found out that this is
only optional (and http transport specific) and services are supposed
to be found by their url endpoint. So I'm even more confused..

Steve