cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Which component causes "out of memory" error?
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:45:06 GMT
On 2005-06-28 15:13:06 -0700, "Joel McConaughy" <joel@displayware.com> said:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to generate a large response (>500MB) from a pipeline but get out
> of memory errors.  I cannot just increase the jvm memory as the response may
> be of arbitrary length.  I have tried to configure a pipeline that streams
> without caching or creating an in-memory tree using the following sitemap
> fragment:
>
> <!-- cocoon 2.1.6, jdk 1.4.2_05, tomcat 5.5.4 -->
> <map:pipeline type="noncaching">
>   <map:parameter name="outputBufferSize" value="8192"/>
>   <map:match pattern="imp-muze-pop-2-sql">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/imp-muze-pop.xsp" label="1" />
>     <map:transform type="stx" src="stx/test.stx" label="2" />
>     <map:serialize type="text"/>
>   </map:match>
> </map:pipeline>
>
> This does seem to stream as I can see the output however the jvm memory
> allocation continues to grow along with the output.  Is there a way to see
> which component is holding on to memory?

Hey, Joel!

(Ugh, I am fighting "out of memory" errors today too, as it just so
happens... but not from Cocoon)  Anyway... this might be dumb, but...
if you remove the STX transformer and then hit the pipeline, e.g. using
"curl -O http://where.ev.ver > /dev/null", then you could see if it's
that component, right?

Best Regards,
Mark