cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Volkm@r" <plsdontre...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: Site icon display
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:33:30 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> OK,; but what is meant by "root of the domain";?
> I need an icon for each project running under
> cocoon on our server....

In case of
  http://foo.bar.tld/hip/hap/hop/anything
the domain is just "foo.bar.tld".
And this is where most(?) browsers are looking for a "favicon.ico".

So you need to serve a file
  http://foo.bar.tld/favicon.ico
and this will be used for the whole domain "foo.bar.tld".

If you want to serve different favicons to individual "diretories", then
you will have to put a
  <link rel="icon" type="image/ico" href="whatever" /> link element
into each pages header. Take care for (non-x)html served as "text/html"
not to close this element as in your original posting.

Why don't you simply get "Live HTTP Headers" and check its output of
some requests e.g.
  <http://home.arcor.de/plsdontreply/httpHeadersico.txt>?
This would tell you much more than any explanation.

And please Derek, stay in the threads. Don't start new threads for each
posting to the same thread.

HTH
--
Volkm@r