cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TDD with Cocoon?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:12:07 GMT
Le 23 juin 05, à 15:11, Berin Loritsch a écrit :

> ...What is available to help test logicsheets, transformers, etc?

I'm not familiar with logicsheets, but for transformers and other
sitemap components there are a bunch of test cases based on
SitemapComponentTestCase, see
src/test/org/apache/cocoon/SitemapComponentTestCase.java.

> ...What's the best approach to do testing with Cocoon?

I tend to use a mix of three methods:
a) plain JUnit test cases for code which has nothing to do with Cocoon
(primitives, etc.)
b) JUnit test cases which run in a Generator, for higher-level tests
which need access to more of the application's environment
c) HtmlUnit-based tests cases like the ones found in src/test/htmlunit/

I know these are not all strictly "unit" test cases, but I find the
combination powerful.

-Bertrand