cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos M. S. Bento Nogueira" <cm...@student.dei.uc.pt>
Subject Re: HELP!! integrating cocoon and tomcat. NEWBIE!!!
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:58:19 GMT

Hey there! What exactly do you want to do?
I can think in a couple of ways to achieve what you want.
Here are some questions you should answer or think about first:

- Where is the data coming from(postgresql,oracle,mysql,xml data...)

- what connection to it are you using or want to use (jdbc/ldap/jndi ??)

- where should result data go: a webpage, a webfile, a webpage that points
to a certain set of webfiles, a database...?

First of all clarify your mind on these questions and then go to
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/
and check the info.

Here are some other usefull pointers, i'm using:

To search de mailing list:(Always search before posting a question.)
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&w=2
http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users%40xml.apache.org/

Wikis and other tutorials
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/
http://www.planetcocoon.com/

There is also an #cocoon irc channel on irc.freenode.net

Good luck,
CarlosN.

ps: wikis are great but beware of cocoon version they refer to.