cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel Alfred" <Alfred.Nathan...@swx.com>
Subject RE: connection pool fail over
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:16:15 GMT
You are probably better off to write your own meta connection pool manager as a layer between
Cocoon and the actual connection pools.

Network problems usually mean that you connection will get stuck waiting for a long timeout
instead of returning an error immediately.  In that case, you soon run out of request handling
thread.  To avoid that, your meta pool manager can race the underlying pools in detached threads
against each other and hand the first working connection to the application.

HTH, Alfred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rui Alberto [mailto:rui-l-goncalves@ptinovacao.pt]
Sent: Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2005 16:56
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: connection pool fail over

Hi,
I have three replicated databases and a connection pool to each database
instance.
The network to database instances is a little unstable, so I want to
check at least one connection in the pool before passing pool identifier
to SQLTransformer. If connection is broken, I wanna try next other pool.
Does anyone know if there's a simple way to handle this situation?
Should I write a selector, or an input module maybe or an action?!
Writing a selector or action implies an exhaustive sitemap! :|

Any idea?

Thanks for any help,

Rui

the sender's company.