cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lutz Thomas <l...@aim-ag.com>
Subject AW: CForms and Modular Database Actions
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:16:41 GMT
>From my personal experience I would not consider moving to Hibernate as very
difficult.

Following the wiki tutorial at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonAndHibernateTutorial it took me a day to
create a search form with result list... and the major part was convincing
jboss to act properly :-).

Regards,
Tom

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Derek Hohls [mailto:dhohls@csir.co.za]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 09:39
An: gregor@apache.org; users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: CForms and Modular Database Actions

Hmm.  Easy to say.  But moving to Hibernate is a quite a major
jump... a whole 'nother technology to digest.

I assume that the "deprecation" status shows up in the code -
it is not clearly indicated on the documentation website - see:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/actions/database-actions.html
(last update March 2005)

>>> gregor@apache.org 2005/06/10 03:05:56 PM >>>
Derek Hohls wrote:

> It just seems strange that these both these technologies are developed
> inside of Cocoon without any simple way to link them...  or what did I
> miss?

stay away from modular db actions if you can. they are deprecated (which
is why you won't find samples for it) and vastly inferior to ojb or
hibernate.