cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <at...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: JSPReader/JSPGenerator on Websphere
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:40:51 GMT
This gets weirder...

By adding some extra log.debug statements into the JSPGenerator I discovered
that the JSPEngine was in fact returning the JSP output just fine.  So I
added some log transformers into the pipeline at various stages, and
discovered that the generated page (including the JSP's output somewhere in
the middle) is all present and correct right up until the point that it's
sent to the serializer.  And then for some reason the serializer sends
nothing back to the browser...  But it only does this if there was a call to
the JSPEngine during the pipeline; every other page is okay.

I notice that the JSPEngineServletResponse wraps the original
HttpServletResponse, and passes various method calls through to it.  All I
can think of is that the calls to the included JSPs are somehow leaving the
response object in a funny state, so that later on the serializer can't
write anything to it.  But if that were the case, surely there'd be an
IOException or something in the logs?

Andrew.