cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Askild Aaberg Olsen <ask...@xangeli.com>
Subject Re: Directory includes
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:18:28 GMT
Janet Yvan wrote:

>I have a directory which contains many XML files which contain each one
>element of the newsboard I want to display. So I need to do something like
><map:generate type="file" src="/my_directory/*.xml" element="my_element"/>
>
>One told me this would'nt work neither would <map:generate type="directory"
>src="/my_directory/"/> which would only returns a file listing. What I need
>is the whole content of the files, not only some pieces of information, just
>as if I did something like what follows but without specifying any of the
>filenames which may evolve from time to time, depending on submissions...
><map:aggregate element="my_element">
> <map:part src="/my_directory/file1.xml"/>
> <map:part src="/my_directory/file2.xml"/>
> <map:part src="/my_directory/fileN.xml"/>
></map:aggregate>

Seems like the XPathDirectoryGenerator is the thing for you:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/xpathdirectory-generator.html

Another solution would be to use a combination of the DirectoryGenerator
and CInclude, but based on your usecase the XPathDirectoryGenerator
seems right.

Askild
-