cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: resolving w3c XHTML entities?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:02:19 GMT
Hi Mark,

In cocoon.xconf you will find a <entity-resolver> element which contains a parameter
pointing to a
catalog. Make sure that this catalog refers to your entity files, using the public identifiers
you
are using yourself. Note that you can direct to other catalog files with the CATALOG keyword.

If the entity-resolver can't handle the public id, it needs to find the system id's, but these

depent on the context in which the file is parsed. Most likely, "xhtml-special.ent" is interpreted

as path-of-sitemap/xhtml-special.ent. That will not work. You can fix this, by adding pipeline

matches that can provide the resolver with the needed files, but on the location it is looking
for.

Might be useful to add such pipelines anyhow. Serializing XML with doctypes will make IE complain
it
cannot find the dtd or entity files when the doctype or local declaration subset doesn't use
fully
qualified http addresses...

HTH,
Geert

--
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Bleiswijk (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)10-850 12 00
fax:+31-(0)10-850 11 99

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50