cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>
Subject Re: Scheduling tasks
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:21:13 GMT
There are different ways to launch to use the cron.
Here is what I know.

1/ First method :
    - Configure the cron component in cocoon.xconf
    - Create a trigger (cocoon component) : Your class should implements
"cron" interface.

    In this case the cron will be lauched once Cocoon started.
---------------
2/ Second method :
    - Use the "scheduler" component in a java class or a flowscript (the
Cocoon example).
     public void service(ServiceManager _manager) throws ServiceException {
        // recuperation du scheduler
        manager = _manager;
        scheduler = (JobScheduler) manager.lookup(JobScheduler.ROLE);
    }

    In this case the scheduler will be lauch whenever you use the class
in the sitemap.

To launch a pipe everyday, I would use the first method.

I'm not a cron expert so if someone can complete my explanation, it
would be great.

Lionel