cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Lutz <mat...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: cocoon in jboss
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:00:52 GMT
That depends on the jBoss version you want to use.

I am currently using the 3.2.7 and all I had to do is to place some libs
in the endorsed directory.

So, step for step it would be:

o) place commons-collection*.jar (commons-collections-3.1.jar in my
env)  from cocoon/lib in jboss/server/default/lib/endorsed (as you see I
use the default server configuration)
o) same with jakarta-bcel (jakarta-bcel-20040329.jar in my env)
o) check wether set JAVA_OPTS in jboss/bin/run.bat (or sh) contains
something like -Djava.endorsed.dirs=.......jboss/server/default/lib/endorsed
o) deploy your webapp into .../jboss/server/default/deploy, there are
two ways
oo) as war file
oo) as exploded directory (this is what I would recommend). just copy
your web-app directory to the deploy directory. Doing it this way you
will be able to edit xml, xsl,.. without restarting the application.
Whenever you touch the deployment descriptor (the web.xml) your app will
be undeployed and redeployed.
o) buy memory :-)

Depending on how big your webapp is, you will have to restart jboss
every X redeploys (5 times for me) as jBoss, at least my 3.2.7 doesn't
behave well with garbage collection while redeploying, so your server
will run out of memory. annoying...

I tried with jBoss 4 once, no endorsed problems yet, but I could not
test my whole app, as my db layer does not work on jboss 4 yet.

HTH, ciao,
tom