cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Becker <jonnybec...@gmx.net>
Subject [JXTemplate] <jx:formatDate - how to set the locale
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:27:15 GMT
Hi,

I've got a Date that I want to display in a foreign locale.
Now I wonder how to set the locale, for example: <jx:formatDate
pattern="dd MMMM yyyy" locale="???".

Let's say I want french output. I tried locale="FR", locale="FRA",
locale="FRANCE" (in upper- and lowercase letters). But I always get the
date in my locale (in my case german), something like: 22 Dezember 2001.
But I want "22 d├ęcembre
<http://dict.leo.org/sf?lp=frde&p=/Mn4k.&search=d%E9cembre> 2001".

Did I misunderstand the locale-attribute? Or what am I doing wrong?

(By the way: Is there a site where <jx:formatDate tag is explained any
further?)

Thanks
Jonny