cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: integrate cocoon and ejb
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:42:29 GMT
> 3. Do something else. This is the approach we are currently using. We
> wrote a generic "BusinessDelegate" component that is configured in
> cocoon.xconf. A new instance of the BusinessDelegate is configured for
> each method that can be called.  It returns a DataTransferObject as a
> request attribute. We then have a "BeanGenerator" that uses Betwixt to
> convert the DTO into SAX events.
>
> We will probably convert to using flow (or possibly the faces block) to
> access our EJBs in the future as performing decisions based upon data in
> the DTO makes the sitemap cumbersome.

Interesting. I used option 1. combined with the SessionAttributeGenerator that is part of
Cocoon
core (though you might have to add an extra generator in your sitemap). I created an object
that
implements the XMLizable interface that comes with Excalibur package. All you have to write
is the
toSAX function and the rest is sorted out by the SessionAttributeGenerator.

Though, I am probably not complying to EJB standards that well...

;)

Cheers,
Geert